Wednesday, April 27, 2011

"NO! Mommy! They Might Keep ME!!!



So Monday, my mom and I took Caleb and Carley on their first visit to the zoo.  This trip was the most fun I've had with my mom in a long time.  Ofcourse, wherever my son Caleb is, a lot of laughing is sure to follow. 

Now ever since Caleb has been little, his daddy and I always referred to him as our "little monkey".  If you know Caleb you know that this nickname fits him well. He keeps us laughing every single day.  He makes everything a game, and some days all I do is laugh at him. Sometimes it makes it very hard to discipline him, because even when he is in trouble, he in hilarious.

This particular morning was no exception. I was so excited to take them on their first zoo trip that I simply could not wait for him to wake up, so I tiptoed into his room to wake him.

"Caleb," I whispered. "Wake up, buddy. Today's the day we're gonna go to the zoo."
"Huh?" Caleb said with a sleepy yawn.
"You wanna go to the zoo today?" I asked.
And with eyes still closed as he stretched and yawned he said (matter of factly), "Nah, they might keep me."

After much laughter, I informed Caleb that the zoo could not keep him because eventhough daddy called him a monkey, he was actually only a little boy. This didn't stop him from acting a little uneasy as we made our way through the zoo exhibits. After each animal that we saw he would aske, "Can we go now mom?"
When we finally made it to the monkeys he became excited and laughed and jumped up and down..."Look Mommy, that monkey (Who was actually a gorilla) is eating lunch like me. He's eating an apple Mommy!!!"

"Yep, he sure is!" I replied.
As we walked on, I heard Caleb as my mom, "Can we leave now? I'm done."
"Don't you wanna see the rest?" I asked him.
"NO! MOMMY! They might keep me!"

HILARIOUS!!!  I love my kid!



2 comments:

  1. That was so enjoyable reading about Calab and the Monkeys, He is so sweet and the baby is also.

    ReplyDelete