Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Happy Birthday Grammy!

We love our Grammy!

Tomorrow is my mom's birthday. She has no idea how special she is to me. I still need her guidance. I still want her comfort when I am sick. She is strong and wise. She is me...20 years from now.

She loves her grandchildren. And they return her love times a thousand. She works hard, and loves harder. She is my friend.

I can never put into words the respect I found for her on the day my dad passed away.  As I sat there silent, unable to say my goodbyes. She spoke for us both, she said the words I needed to say. She stayed strong for me. A pillar of strength, never to be shaken.

She has shook her fist in the face of the devil, and commanded him to leave in Jesus name.  She has fallen on her face in her room and cried out to God to guide her and answer her prayer. She has forgiven, when I feel i could not have done so. She has kept going, when I believe I would have quit.

No one loves us as much as God does. But the only person who loves us as much...Is our mom.

She is my friend.
Thanks Mom.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to your mom! Only your amazing parents could create you in all of your splendor! xo

    ReplyDelete