Sunday, April 10, 2011

Time is NOT on our side.

So last night for the first time since our youngest has been born, Daniel and I took the evening off to go on a date.  (Thanks to my mom) We found ourselves on Market Square in downtown Knoxville with some friends.  We had an exceptionally wonderful time. It almost reminded me of our high school days. Which got my mind working, and wondering about the past and now.

I remember times when he and I were younger, that we just couldn't get enough of each other. Sometimes our relationship was more love than hate, and sometimes it was more hate than love. Nowadays, it's more part time love than anything. Sometimes I wish I could go back to that 17 year old boy and girl and tell them what I know now. And what I would say to them is this.

SLOW DOWN!!! You have so much time to be young and in love. Everything that you want will come to you in time, I Promise. Hide away in your love. Kiss each other longer, hug each other tighter, and shut out the whole world when you can.  Because soon there will come a day when the only time your lips meet are when you are about to say goodbye. Soon work will rule your lives along with worry.  Children will be your priority in front of one another, they will consume you. And you will lose who you are together if you aren't careful.  Take the time to remember who you were when your love was new. And make it equally exciting if you can...when you can. Never stop telling each other that you love each other. Oh...and for goodness sakes, make love and not war!

Time goes by so very fast. And it seems that the older we get, the more time flies. I just want to scream "Stop!!!, i need more time!!!" It's cruel and unforgiving. You don't get it back so use it wisely, because no matter what we would like to think....time is NOT on our side!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You're absolutely right. And each of us has a finite amount of every kind of energy, which is why I'm learning to lean with comfort into imperfection. I'd rather write, read, dream, play, pray, bake, and a million other things than clean. I'm not suggesting that my family and I turn into Pig-Pen from Charlie Brown, but...

    ReplyDelete