Friday, March 18, 2011

How Did I Get So Lucky?


My wonderful husband.
 When I was five years old, I told my dad I was gonna marry him.
"You can't marry me," He replied, "I'm already married to your mommy."
Well then, I thought, I'll just have to marry someone just like you.

And that's what I did. When I began to date, it was a mission for me. It wasn't fun and games. It was a time for me to find my life mate. I didn't date long until I found Daniel. He was it for me from the moment he kissed me. In the pouring down snow, after a highschool ball game, on my 17th birthday...He kissed me. From that moment, I never looked back.
After that moment, I decided I would go wherever he would go. I would do whatever he asked. I would submit to loveing him for the rest of my life.

A year later, Daniel asked me to marry him. (after he asked my dad first, ofcourse)
From the day we said I do, we became as one body. From that time on, we have constantly changed and adapted to life's twists and turns. I can not even see my life without him now.

We have dealt with our fair share of trials. We suffered infertility, two miscarriages, and the death of family members. It seems as though each trial only brings us closer. He has become not just my husband, but he is my friend. He never ceases to amaze me. He never stops working to make our family better, more stable, or happier. He is the most wonderful loving father to our children. Sometimes all I can say is, "How did I get so lucky?" It could have only been the work of God himself.

This was the song that played at our Wedding. It was true then, and it is true now. God willing, it will be true 50 years from now.

Keeper Of the Stars....

It was no accident, me finding you.
Someone had a hand in it, long before we ever knew.
Now I just can't believe, you're in my life,
Heaven's smiling down on my
As I look at you tonight.

I tip my hat, to the keeper of the stars.
God sure knew what he was doing.
When he joined these two hearts.
And I hold everything, when I hold you in my arms
And I've got all I'll ever need,
Thanks to the keeper of the Stars.

1 comment: