Friday, July 5, 2013

Fireman's 4th of July Festival

It rained yesterday, but that didn't stop my little family from enjoying our day. Here are some great pictures of the Fireman's 4th Festival!!
This was actually July 3rd, during the firemen's competition. I missed most of it because I had to work.  But I did catch the part where my husband, Daniel, and his brothers pulled their firetruck across a parking lot. FOR FUN!!! (Weirdos) That's my man in the middle.  He's SO MANLY! 


Despite the rain, the parade went on as scheduled.  Although it was a little wet and chilly, the kids seemed to have lots of fun.



My husband's on the fire department, but some how he ended up riding the train with the kiddos.  You take the conductor out of the rail road, but ya can't take the rail road outta the conductor I suppose. 

The funny part is how he seems to be having more fun than the passengers.


It came a pretty big rain about 7 o'clock, so everyone crowded under whatever shelter they could find.  And of course, I found a friend.  We don't see each other much because she's busy planning a wedding and a family and all that jazz, but I still love her. And aren't we just adorable!?


The fireworks went on as planned despite the rain. The finale was the best I've seen in years.  The Huntsville fire department really did a good job considering the weather.
(picture courtesy of  Miranda Strunk fellow firefighter's wife)

 And for those of you who missed it, SHAME! This is the south ya'll! Didn't you learn a thing from Luke Bryan?  RAIN IS A GOOD THANG! Ha Ha!!
(Pictures courtesy of Mehgan Daggs fellow firefighter's wife)


(Pictures courtesy of Mehgan Daggs fellow firefighter's wife)

The 4th was fun, but we can't forget the reason we were able to have all of this fun in the first place.  Never forget the one's who gave their lives for our freedom.  And the ones who fight so that we can keep it!
Happy Independence Day!!







2 comments: