Saturday, July 23, 2011

My Spiritual Gift, AND FINALLY coming HOME!

(Music - The gift that gives a believer the capability to present personal witness and inspiration to others through instrumental music, singing, or dancing.

The special gift whereby the Spirit enables certain Christians to praise God through music in such a way as to enhance the worship experience of other believers. It gives the believer the desire and capability to express personal faith and provide inspiration and comfort through the playing of a musical instrument, singing, or dancing. The spiritual aspect of the gift is revealed as the gift bearer gives witness to love and praise for the Lord, and thus glorifies God. Those listening or watching become inspired to feel the presence and majesty of God when music, song, or dance uplifts their soul in a manner that brings them closer to their Lord.

People with this gift:
- sing or play a musical instrument quite well, and enjoy it
- have special joy singing praises to God, either alone or with other people
- feel secure in the fact that their musical ability will be of benefit to other people with whom they come in contact
- can use their musical ability to help and inspire others to worship God
- see that their singing or instrument playing is a spiritual encouragement for others. )
1 Samuel 16:14-23 1 Corinthians 14:26 Psalm 33:1-3 Psalm 96:1-2 

Today, I attended my second Ladies Retreat. It's where a lot of women of God, no matter where they are in their spiritual walk with Christ, get together and worship. Today I learned a lot about myself. Here are some things that I learned that I will never forget...
  • God gave little ole' me a spiritual gift. And it just so happens to be "Music". Well what'dya know. I'm special...(To God anyway!) PRAISE HIS HOLY NAME!
  • He cares for me. Somehow I forgot the most simple of all rules to being a child of God. All I must do is BELIEVE! It's the basis of our salvation. Why shouldn't it be the basis of our entire lives?
  • I've been walking around for the last 2 years with my head down like I'd lost something. Losing my dad truly hurt me. But in my grieving, somehow I just gave up and let the devil trample all over me. WELL NOT ANY MORE! Because #1, you can't lose something that was never yours in the first place, and #2 it can't be lost if you know where it is. I know where my dad is, HEAVEN!! PRAISE GOD! Why in the WORLD have I let satan do this to me??? I am a Daughter to the MOST HIGH! NOTHING can touch me unless he says so! PRAISE GOD!
I may just be rambling to most of you, and that's okay. Because the sole purpose of this blog is to let EVERYONE know. JESUS LOVES ME. And I FORGOT! But guess what, HE WAS STILL THERE! He NEVER left me!  And to beat all he didn't just NOT leave me, HE held me! He walked with me. He waited on me, to decide when I'd had enough.
Today, I stood in that church with all those women, whose faith could have move a mountain if they'd asked it of  the Saviour. I saw the love of my Master. It was as though he were standing right before me saying, "Aren't you tired of trying to do all this alone? Don't you want my comfort? Isn't it hard trying to make all the pieces fit from way down there?"
My answer was, "Yes LORD, I'm EXHAUSTED! Help me."
And I walked the aisle of that church and got down on my knees and DROPPED that burden I'd been carrying. That sadness I'd been dragging around for so long. And I FEEL LIGHT AS A FEATHER! (Sorry the caps aren't me yelling...I'm praising GOD) HALLELUJAH!! I will blog about this in more detail in a day or two. Right now I'm so high on Jesus, that I just can't make myself do anything but praise HIM. I feel my heart might BUST! There really isn't any closing to this, except to say this
'Come to me all ye that labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. (Words of my Saviour)
Praise HIS name....

1 comment:

  1. Praise God!!!! He has come to set the captives free!!!!!

    ReplyDelete